Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Simple Pleasures

Last night when I was driving home from an evening out with one of my girlfriends, I was blessed with a glorious view of the moon.  It was a sliver of a crescent moon, dusted with gold and shades of early autumn, sunk low in the sky making it larger than life.

Moments such as that remind me that when life seems to be slipping through your hands there is always something to be thankful for.  Just when you think that you can't handle anything else, the beauty of nature steps up to say a graceful hello and brings a smile to your face.

Morning dew on flowers, an afternoon ripple in the river, or the twinkling blanket of stars above, all you have to do is open your eyes to the world around you for the daily reminder that life is better than you think.

*Moments such as these also make me wish I had a stellar camera handy! :)

No comments: